Monday, December 1, 2008

HOARD

I thought it was high time I reviewed another zine purchased at Zinefest - well two actually - Issues One and Two of HOARD. Nicola brought Issues Three and Four but these ones jumped out at me because they both document collections of items that I have been known to hoard myself. Infact I am a chronic hoarder of all things useful and more often otherwise and these zines send such a massive wave of nostalgia over me it's amazing. 


In the intro to Issue One - Stamps, writer Hurricane wants me to join him in 'this several part series where I waste my time and space on collections so you don't have to' but actually he succeeds in the opposite - I want to drag my stamp collection (in an official album of course) out of the cupboard and get back into it!!


The stamps are all well organised, according to countries and what's pictured on the stamps - planes, outerspace and animals etc..


I actually have the entire butterfly collection pictured here..


Yeah.. so when I was overseas when I was younger I collected sugar, as well as sand (which produced a solitary bad-ass moment when I got caught taking a few crumbs off the Pyramids!) and coins, so this one brings back memories too..


I love the backgrounds of maths and refill paper!


I think my sugar collection is gone forever but at least with this zine I get to relive the feeling of satisfaction I had upon returning to NZ laden with sugar sachets!

No comments: