Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Neighbour Cats!



Neighbour Cats one of the awesome zines Nicola and I brought at Zinefest.. It is basically exactly what the title would suggest, with every cat in the neighbourhood of the writer getting a portrait of themselves, an in depth character description, notes on colouring (both making spotting them easier if you were to say, go looking for them as I am severely tempted to do on my next Wellington trip!) and a friendliness rating.
Each cover features a different cat and I love the little guy on the front of mine! The zine is printed onto that great refill paper that little kids use to learn to write on - the triple thickness lines with a dotted line through the middle.



This is a map giving exact cat locations, each cat corresponding with a letter.


Jobbles (A.) is undoubtedly my fave, he comes first in the zine and is followed by his neighbours including Gate-Face, who in desperate attempts for affection tries to squeese himself through his gate, Dogloo Cat, who lives in an igloo shaped doghouse and apparently isn't too friendly and Lexi who unfortunately has no hair.

Awesome! 

3 comments:

Sarah Gauntlett said...

i want one!

Cardboard Box said...

Yeah... it's amazing, I wish I could remember who made it, I'm pretty sure it's a boyfriend/girlfriend team but that's not much help!

lily, rosemary and the jack of hearts said...

bloody fantastic- this zine looks so great!